(2019-nCoV) Temporary Suspension Connectivity with China
Following the recent developments in the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak and suspension of direct air connectivity with China, the following airlines have cancelled direct flights between China and the Maldives;
- Beijing Capital Airlines (Cancelled from 31st January)
- China Eastern (Cancelled from 02nd February)
- Maldivian (Cancelled from 05th February)
- China Southern (Cancelled from 06th February)
- Hong Kong Airlines (Cancelled from 10th February)
- Cathay Pacific (Cancelled from 19th February)
Hence, kindly confirm the flight status of your guests regularly and avoid from sending any tourists to Velana International Airport without any alternative arrangements for travelling.
We sincerely appreciate and thank all tourist facilities for the continued support we have been receiving during this challenging time. Should you have any queries regarding this, please contact our Situation Monitoring Unit (SMU) Hotline at (+960) 7223131.